The trend of late has been that extra prestige levels are added into the game a few months in to make the game appealing again to those that quickly loose interest in not being able to make any progress.
Advanced Warfare is no different, we all knew it was coming we just didn’t know when – now we do.
Being added to the game in March is a new Master Prestige system that not only adds new prestige levels but allows you to earn new Elite weapons as you go along.
People are hearing the words ‘your stats will get reset’ and are going into a state of panic, so let me clear that up for you. At current Master Prestige your XP and XP only will be reset to allow you to be able to start earning more again.
All your attachments, unlockables, challenges etc will stay the same, they do NOT get reset also.
You can now start making your way through the 15 new Master Prestige ranks. Each new prestige that you max out gives you access to a new Elite weapon.
Here is the list for you, released today by Sledgehammer Games:
- Master Prestige 1: BAL 27 – Obsidian Steed
- Master Prestige 2: MP11 – Goliath
- Master Prestige 3: MORS – Silver Bullet
- Master Prestige 4: TAC19 – Sledgehammer
- Master Prestige 5: EM1 – Polar Vortex
- Master Prestige 6: ARX 160 – Steel Bite
- Master Prestige 7: AMR9 – Pro Pipe
- Master Prestige 8: AMELI – Whale Horn
- Master Prestige 9: AE4 – Gigawatt
- Master Prestige 10: IMR – Thunder Tusk
- Master Prestige 11: SN6 – Money
- Master Prestige 12: ASM1 – Speakeasy
- Master Prestige 13: PYTAEK – Loophole
- Master Prestige 14: HBRA3 – Bear Fist
- Master Prestige 15: ASM1 – Strider
Now, once you manage to clock all 15 new Master Prestige levels the main reward kicks in, Grand Master Prestige.
If you like standing out in a crowd and having the lobby say ‘wow check out that guys character’ then this is the goal for you.
Grand Master prestige will give you this purple gear set that will really set you apart from the rest of the lobby.
The announcement today did not come with an exact date for March, so we will have to wait a week or two to know exactly when these features will be added, but at least we know it’s on the way and soon.