Both were due for a 2015 release date originally, but both have been pushed back until 2016. The movie has an exact date of April 29th and the game has a Spring release date.
On top of having the same voice actors from the games for Ratchet, Clank, Nefarious and Captain Qwark, an impressive list of celebrity voices will be featured in the movie, and they are as follows:
- Academy Award nominee and Golden Globe winner Paul Giamatti as Chairman Drek
- Golden Globe winner John Goodman as Ratchet’s mechanic mentor Grimroth
- Young Artist Award winner Bella Thorne as Galactic Ranger Cora
- Rosario Dawson as Galactic Ranger support team member Elaris
- Academy Award nominee Sylvester Stallone as Victor Von Ion, Chairman Drek’s villainous lieutenant
This movie poster was also released as well.
The game will essentially be an reimagination of the original game which was released in 2002 and a tie-in to the movie’s story & expands upon it. It will re-tell the origin story of Ratchet & Clank, and will also feature several new levels along with reimagined classic levels like the Metropolis level to go along with brand new weapons as well. Insomniac Games has not released much more info on the game, but I bet they’re keeping it to themselves until E3. But as soon as more information regarding the new game comes to the surface we will be reporting it you.
Who else is excited for the Ratchet & Clank movie and new game? I know I am. With both a new Ratchet & Clank game and Uncharted 4 coming out in 2016, I will definitely have to get myself a PS4 next year. This could possibly be the best movie tie-in game of all-time, you better not let me down Insomniac.
For anyone that’s been living under a rock for the past 12 months, here’s the trailer that Sony showed at last year’s E3.
Source: PlayStation Blog